November 22, 2014

ONCE UPON A TIME

 
Good morning and happy weekend everyone!
 
I wore this outfit on a stroll with my sister Chelsey around the Botanical Gardens during our winter, which for me is from June-August. Australian winters are always a bit of a challenge: living by the beach, I’m lucky if it drops below 20 degrees – my wardrobe has never had the chance to see heavy layers or coats – so I’ve become a pro at playing with layering and sneaking woolly pieces into the mix without giving myself heat-stroke!





 

Every year I’ve found that as soon as the temperature drops a little, Australian fashion starts leaning toward drab, uninspiring colours. This knitted sweater was perfect because it keeps my body warm, while the short sleeves stop it from being stifling in the middle of the day. However it was screaming for a little brightening up with a simple blue shift and this cute mini-satchel from Forever New. I always like having some height on my feet, but was dubious whether anything other than flats were going to cut it on a day packed with walking (Chelsey, by comparison, was in sneakers), however these heels I picked up in a little vintage boutique were surprisingly comfortable and I lasted the whole day without a hint of a limp or aching toes! I’ve been having a moment with keeping my accessories understated and complementary rather than statement, so I mixed touches of gold, brown and pearl for a classic look.

Have a lovely Sunday!

Heidi xx



No comments:

Post a Comment